Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

starting issue when warm

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  strokenit 
#1 ·
so i wrote a while back about my starting issue after it warms up. it will crank all day just fine, builds oil pressure but will not start after oil warms up. i pulled and rebuilt all of the injectors. ended up replacing the hpop reservoir due to stripped out plug. truck started just fine and let it run a while...drove it around my bros field for a while. parked it and went back to my truck an hour or so later and same issue. will crank and build pressure but not fire. has new glow plugs and such so none of this a problem. however i can give it a shot of ether and it will fire...but not unless its completely cooled off. which from what i read...oil is thicker then and something is either bleeding off or not allowing the proper oil pressure. truck only has around 90k on it and is a 96' f250 4x4, CAI, straight pipe exhaust and ts chip. i have left chip off since rebuild of injectors and truck seems to run great once started...just won't start after its warm.

so does this mean IPR? is it just an o-ring replacement fix or new sensor fix? and any pointers on getting it out? seems to be burried under all the HPOP lines and such...thats if I'm looking at correct sensor.

thanks in advance

#2 ·
The IPR is on the back of the HPOP and has the same connector that the injectors use. I would change the IPR o-rings first and see what happens. Personally, I remove the IPR after the fuel filter bowl is out, but folks have done it with the bown in place. After taking off the nut, spacer and solenoid coil, you remove the IPR body with a 1-1/8" deepwell socket. I like to suck the oil out of the HPOP reservoir before removing it (less mess). Cheers!

#4 ·
just out of curiosity...im also having alternator/charging issues that happened at the same time. come to find out my battery isolator has went out/got fried. would this happen to cause this issue...or are the two unrelated and just happens to be my crappy luck of things going at once?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.