help with start up
ok guys have several questions,
1. when i start my truck for the first time of the day usually about 10am after sitting for all night, my truck is really hard to start and its only around 50* right now, it POURS out this white vapor/smoke cloud that smells like diesel, also my uvch has a wire that has come loose and easily pulls out of the plug, so i been told that could cause the problem and i wanted to make sure that could be the problem
2. my truck seems to shake really bad when i first take off from a light or stop sign, sorta like it has wheelhop, could that be some axlewrap?
3. sometimes the trans shifts weird like it has an extra gear or something, i know it sounds weird but it shifts pretty firm 5 times and i know our trans are only 4speeds with OD, and it shifts pretty early at like 30mph it will go into 4th i think, i'll drive it today to post up so more info on how it drives
4. after my truck runs for about 30 sec it cuts out really bad for a split second, and then maybe 10-15 sec later it will cut out again and most of the time will die, the wts light doesn't come on, but it will fire right back up and doesn't cut out again until i park it and shut it off again for about 5+ min, and then if i start it again, the process repeats, but the truck has to sit for at least 5 min for it to start acting up
5. another thing, my speedo acts crazy after about 40mph, it will jump to 70 and back to 40-70 and anywhere in b/w, so idk what is causing that, if that has to do with anything and what could cause that?
so some input would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Last edited by Gertrude; 11-01-2011 at 11:29 AM.