Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Missing

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Young-SC-Owner 
#1 ·
Would bad injector o-rings cause my truck to miss only on a cold start? Even if i plug it in overnight it still misses for about 1/4 - 1mile sometimes more

#4 ·
Sounds like a sticking injector, Try running a bottle of Rev-X through it. Changind the oil with a good quality...It should solve that issue

#6 ·
Could def be an injector o-ring. Seats once it warms up.

#7 ·
how many miles on the truck? Injector o-rings do go bad, If it has over 200k, replace them. I'd be willing to bet you find a few burnt ones.

#8 ·
268k lol. dunno if they have been replaced before me but iv owned it for a year and my brother owned for 2 years and the injectors have never been taken out since we have owned. iv gotta replace the injector cups so im gonna replace the orings while the injectors are out anyways

#9 ·
I'm sure you will but make sure you inspect your UVCH and all associated wiring and stuff while you have the covers off. IMO if you have never changed them I would be thinking about doing it even if they look.

#11 ·
Then ur way ahead of me.

#12 ·
Id bet, after 268K the poor injectors are plumb wearing out!

#13 ·
haha yeah im sure they are wore out. whoever owned it before me and my brother didnt take care of it. since iv owned the truck in the last year iv had to replace all glow plugs, relay, uvch's, fuel filter housing, fuel regulator, fuel pump, all fuel lines, had to rebuild turbo and replace up pipes, replace steering column, and its in need of a transmission rebuild terribly bad. This is my first vehicle iv ever owned and poor thing its falling apart on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.