Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel in Coolant

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jmsmith76 
#1 ·
I believe i have cracked injector cups. Looks like fuel in coolant and im losing coolant somewhere other than the ground. Have to top off the coolant about ever 3 weeks or so. My guess is when i shut the truck down and fuel pressure goes away the 16psi coolant pressure overcomes fuel pressure and sends coolant into the fuel return? Have no idea how old the injector cups or orings are. Never been torn into in the 3 years my brother has owned the truck.

Does anyone know where i can rent an injector cup removal/installation tool?

#2 ·
Yeah, sounds like injector cups need to be replaced. As far as renting/borrowing a removal tool goes, it depends on who you know. I had to replace a couple cups on my truck and only one shop in town had the tool and I tried every possible thing imaginable to get them to let me rent the tool and they would not do it. I ended up using a piece of pipe with threads on the end, a giant thread tap I found at harbor freight, and a slide hammer to remove the cups. It was a HUGE pain in the as$. For install, I used a piece of PVC pipe that we heated up and molded to fit an injector cup. I think it would be worth it to purchase the kit from RDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.