Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

no wait to start light.

18K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  mean97 
#1 ·
today i was driving my truck and it just dies on me. So i pull over and try to crank it over and the first thing a see is that my wait to start light is not coming on so i just thought that my chip came out like it has before so i look its in the tight. So far iv checked the full heater glow plug relay all fuses pretty sure everything. is there any ideas you guy have to help me fixs it? im thinking its my cam sensor cuz my rpm gauge does not move when cranking. someone told me thats when you no its gone? but i dont know.

#3 ·
Check the fuses, especially underhood fuses #22 and #9. Use a meter to test them (plenty of folks have used the eyeball method and missed it). Cheers!

#6 ·
Check everything with a test light and swapped the relays. I'm thinking my PCM took a. Crap on me. I mean what else could it be??? Iv built this hole truck so I pretty much no all the ends and outs of this truck. And it's making me really mad that something like this is keeping me from smokin all the cummins

#7 ·
Where can I get a PCM? I call around and all the auto parts guys tell me that I will need to take it to ford and have it programed?

#10 ·
Naa I just spit on my fingers a gave them the old touchy feely test lol ya I pulled them out

#11 ·
Something is draining my battery's what could that be I can't find any shorts

#12 ·
As long as your truck is not a California 97 (PCM is totally different), you should be able to find a PCM for it. You might have to have the new one flashed to the correct program, especially if you want to run your chip (or you might have to have your chip reburned for the new PCM). Cheers!

#13 ·
My truck is a Cali truck. But I found a brand new PCM for my truck it's 150 bucks now can I just take my PCM in to ford and have them flash it?

#14 ·
Thta's a good find as they are somewhat hard to come by. I don't know how Ford does it (on or off truck), but they might be able to. You could also contact DP Tuner as I think they can do it as well. Cheers!

#15 ·
went to order my ecm and they said they cant get it cuz they dont offer the same one with the code mine had. does it really mater as long as its a cali truck?

#16 ·
See your other post on the 97 PCM for differences between 49-state and Cali PCMs. Cheers!

#18 ·
the pcm crapped out on me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.