Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Problems

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sphoppie 
#1 ·
Truck was running great then it sat for 3 days and now it wont start and it seems like its not getting fuel. Pulled the filter and fuel is in the bowl, but when i spray diesel starting fluid it will fire but not keep running. I was having problems with the regulator where I would have to tighten the stem but that doesn't work now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
Check the hpop reservoir level. If it isn't full, it won't fire the injectors...

#3 ·
What's the fuel pressure at the schraeder valve (on the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the driver's side of the fuel bowl) when cranking? Cheers!

#5 ·
The High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) Reservoir is the rectangular box-shaped thing on the top front of the motor. On the top driver's side there is a plug you can remove to check the level (it will be 1/8 NPT or straight-thread o-ring depending on your year). If it's low you can fill it up and see what happens (after replacing the plug!). If it happens to keep draining, don't keep filling it as the oil comes from the oil pan and you can end up overfilling the main oil level (you have another problem that will need to be addressed). The reservoir is filled by the engine's main lube oil pump. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.