Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel filter stem

10K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  White95f250 
#1 ·
The tip of the black tube that the fuel filter slips on broke. Can I run it without the tip or should I replace it? It broke about an inch below the tip and I can see the spring. I really don't want to have to get a whole new fuel filter/water separator. But i'll do what I have to. I was cleaning out this.....

The tip of that black post is what I broke.

See less See more
#6 ·
That picture was before it broke. I finally located it and some banjo bolt gaskets.

Ford dealer wanted $75 for the filter stand tube
International wanted $9 for the same part.

I'd rather not run it with it broken. I'm sure there's some function to it correct? I figured if it has a spring in there then it must do something.

#7 ·
The spring and little center parts only function is to not let the truck be ran without the filter in place. Mine dosent have that center piece anymore. The outside standpipe is the outlet for the filter. Without it all the fuel will by-pass the filter.

#8 ·
Just a thought here ...... If your fuel bowl has that much crud , what do you think your pickup in the tank looks like. ( OBS 2 tanks ?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.