96psd acting weird - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 96psd acting weird

ok so iv ownd this truck for almost 2 months and has spent more time pissing me off then i have drove it, quick run down of the truck its a 96 f250 single cab long box automatic with 151***miles, and i purchased it after it had been sitting for awhile for sale and had sat for awhile im told prior to being put up for sale. first issue was the rear tank read full and i ran out of fuel and fought with that for a few days befor relizing it was an empty tank, so i go into town and it hickups a lil bit i sluff it off and get fresh fuel in both tanks, drive around doing my errands then later go to my gf's house and it hick ups hard enough it kinda stalled the truck just once, let off got back on it ran fine. left to go to work and it spit and sputtered twice, the first time it just lost throttle respnse and was kinda shaking the truck, a 1/2 mile down the road it does it again same symptoms no throttle response and misses so much it shakes and rattles the truck then clears up and i drove home perfect and switched trucks. havnt really torn into it yet as its my first diesel and havnt had much time to look into it. iv been told injector harness or injectors. i have replaced the fuel filter after running it out of fuel and both batteries passed testing when i had the first issue, any other ideas in lamein terms would be helpfull as i dont know all the abreveations and codes yet for the diesels. also didn't notice any lights coming on when it has acted up. there is also alot of oil residue in the valley and i had a fuel smell after it hick up the very first time when i got to where i was going that i could smell outside the truck.
thanks drew

sorry its long winded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.