Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

96psd acting weird

703 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  drew96f250 
#1 ·
ok so iv ownd this truck for almost 2 months and has spent more time pissing me off then i have drove it, quick run down of the truck its a 96 f250 single cab long box automatic with 151***miles, and i purchased it after it had been sitting for awhile for sale and had sat for awhile im told prior to being put up for sale. first issue was the rear tank read full and i ran out of fuel and fought with that for a few days befor relizing it was an empty tank, so i go into town and it hickups a lil bit i sluff it off and get fresh fuel in both tanks, drive around doing my errands then later go to my gf's house and it hick ups hard enough it kinda stalled the truck just once, let off got back on it ran fine. left to go to work and it spit and sputtered twice, the first time it just lost throttle respnse and was kinda shaking the truck, a 1/2 mile down the road it does it again same symptoms no throttle response and misses so much it shakes and rattles the truck then clears up and i drove home perfect and switched trucks. havnt really torn into it yet as its my first diesel and havnt had much time to look into it. iv been told injector harness or injectors. i have replaced the fuel filter after running it out of fuel and both batteries passed testing when i had the first issue, any other ideas in lamein terms would be helpfull as i dont know all the abreveations and codes yet for the diesels. also didn't notice any lights coming on when it has acted up. there is also alot of oil residue in the valley and i had a fuel smell after it hick up the very first time when i got to where i was going that i could smell outside the truck.
thanks drew :dunno:

sorry its long winded

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.