Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1997 7.3, Stalls at speed, not cam pos. sen.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ealbertson 
#1 ·
1997 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel
The problem that I am having is that the truck shuts off while driving. It has always been between 35 to 50 mph. It has happened while on the gas or while coasting.
The dash looks like I just shut the key off except after four or five seconds the check engine light comes on as well as the battery charging symbol.

It will do it once or two or three times in a ten or fifteen period of time then run fine for three or four weeks.

A couple of times it started right up as soon as the truck stopped but typically it takes about ten or fifteen minutes before it will start back up.

It does it on either fuel tank. I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned out the filter housing and the front fuel tank. None of which helped.

I have changed the camshaft position sensor which didn’t help either. It also shows rpm on the tach when it is turning over but not starting.

The codes it shows (I read these after the second and third episode (disconnected bat. to clear between episodes).) were:
P0344 (only came up the first time) Continuous camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent (bank 1 or single sensor)
P0340 (came up both times) continuous camshaft position sensor A circuit (bank 1 or single sensor)
P1211 (came up both times) continuous injector control pressure above/below desired

That’s about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
God bless you all and thank you, Ed

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.