96 powerstroke code 1661 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile 96 powerstroke code 1661

o.k. here is the code and here is what went into the fix ...
found code 1661 after truck left me stranded . i had a terrible time trying to find anyone who ever saw this before but i did find one his turned out to be ipr so i changed ipr 200$... no start... unpluged icp still no start so i checked presure at icp and only got 200 psi ordered hpop 400$ then it hit me check for 12 volts at ipr . it should show a ground on 1 lead and 12 volts on other with key on. i did not have voltage tracked wire found where it was burned in two spliced it temporarily and fired right up then died unpluged icp started and ran great with check engine lite on so i replaced icp173$( i believe i damaged it removeing to check presure as you couldn't hardly get a wrench on it ,not the case with the new one from ford ) seems fixed now i ordered a new plug and pigtail for ipr 20$ witch is most likely all i needed to begin with have not recieved hpop yet(luckily) witch will be returned . the moral to this story i learned a ton about my truck engine had a great time ripping up the street on the test run afterwards .knowledge isn't free even with the help of the great people on this site thank you for every one's help shawn rocksprings wyoming 307-315-3966
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is it a factory 15* hpop or a 17* glad you got it fixed btw. Thanks for passing the knowledge
Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just a factory hpop from dcp out of tennesse found them on e-bay
Old 08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Shoulda just upgraded since you were planning on replacing, good that you got it fixed decently with out to many big money parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.