bad oil leak need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad oil leak need help

alright guys i have a 97 powerstroke completely stock (for now lol) and its leaking oil pretty bad.it looks like its coming from the oil pan dripping off of the drain plug but i also hear that the turbo can leak...i checked for oil between the fuel filter and the turbo and there is oil but it doesnt look like its too fresh so i need your guys help to guide me in the next step in finding this leak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke Techie

How bad of a leak? You really need to take some brake clean and an air blower and blow out the valley of the engine. Make sure it isn't something up there. And have you looked where the dipstick goes into the side of the oil pan? It's kind of behind the starter but this is another place where they like to start leaking at. Clean it up and try and narrow down what part of the engine might be leaking.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well the leak was a lot worse over the winter but now theres an oil stain in my drive way every morning about 3 inches wide...ill get some degreaser and ill clean the whole engine and see if i can figure out where its coming from
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i was loosing all my oil out the the oil cooler. the o rings dry up and they dont work well anymore. if ur oil filter looks oily then its a good chance its ur cooler leakin it only took 45 mins to change the oil cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.