Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

no acceleration with engine light

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dereku 
#1 ·
I'm new to site but been creeping here for a while. Its a great site with tons of information, but cant seem to find my exact problems so hopefully some of you can help. I have 97 F250 and here lately I have noticed that when traveling at low speeds my truck wants to either go fast or not at all. When I push go pedal it travels a bit, but its like you cant just give it a little fuel. It goes from an idol to what seems like 1/2 throttle. Today I noticed that I was trying to give a little fuel and it took off like that, I let up and feathered throttle again and no response at all and the service engine light came on :dunno: I let off throttle, light went off and throttle worked again. This did this to me three times this morning. Any suggestions?

I also have other problem. I noticed that my odometer is not recording miles. Well it records them, but when truck is turned off it goes back to a certain number. I thought it did that last year, but then started working and could not confirm it. Now its been doing this for about 3 weeks. Thanks for any help you can offer.

#2 ·
Sounds like your TPS (throttle position sensor) is going bad. Its located on the pedal but I havent a clue where to buy it at

as for the Odometer. Id have a garage get that in writing cause it could be an issue when you sell it or have to do anything with the title

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.