96 wont start no wait to start light or tack all fuses good this is my DD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 wont start no wait to start light or tack all fuses good this is my DD

started easter sunday was backing out of the driveway then stalled like i shut off the key then no wait to start light and no fuses blown hooked up solus scan tool could not communicate with ecm so i check all the hots and grounds that go to the pcm those r all good took out my ecm and plugged it into to a buddys truck no problems fires right up any ideas as to what else could cause this problem besides the fuel bowl heater swapped in a five speed over the weekend but drove it about 150 miles and no problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi96sd View Post
started easter sunday was backing out of the driveway then stalled like i shut off the key then no wait to start light and no fuses blown hooked up solus scan tool could not communicate with ecm so i check all the hots and grounds that go to the pcm those r all good took out my ecm and plugged it into to a buddys truck no problems fires right up any ideas as to what else could cause this problem besides the fuel bowl heater swapped in a five speed over the weekend but drove it about 150 miles and no problems
If you can't get the scan too to communicate and there is no "wait to start" light, you definately have a blown fuse. Pull #22 (30a maxifuse) and check it good. If you are using a test light to check it, even a blown fuse will check good on one side.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

checked both sides of fuse they r good also all hot and ground at ecm connector good if the fuse was bad wouldent i have power loss at the connector
Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

I know on the Super Duty that fuse #19 and #30 also affect the PCM but not sure on the OBS. Does the cigarette lighter work?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah the power point fuse is good i checked all fuses they r all good is their anything else that could cause this like the idm or something
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
yeah the power point fuse is good i checked all fuses they r all good is their anything else that could cause this like the idm or something
I'd say PCM before the IDM just because of the no "wait to start" light and the fact that you can't communicate with the PCM. Hopefully someone can chime in with some more info.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i thought it was the pcm to but when i plugged it in to my buddys truck his fired right up kinda thinking i got a wiring problem after the power wires leave the pcm
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
i thought it was the pcm to but when i plugged it in to my buddys truck his fired right up kinda thinking i got a wiring problem after the power wires leave the pcm
The PCM or IDM? The PCM is behind your e-brake bracket and the inner fender well needs removed to get it out very easily.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the pcm is what i took out and put in my buddys truck yup took out the inner fenderwell to get it out of the slot
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PCM Swap

You say that your PCM works in your buddies truck, did you try his PCM in your truck?? Might be worth a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.