Starting Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Starting Problems

I have a 95 7.3 all stock
put new glow plugs and a new gpr in it and i still have to plug my block heater up to start the truck everyday even warm weather...
i check the GPR and its not clicking over and im only gettin power to the constant supply and when key is on only one of the smaller post come on...

any help let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 PM

i still have the stock one but put a new gpr in a month ago i traced down a wire that wasnt coming on and it says its the one goin to the PCM or PCD pin 101 not sure if i got correct info on that... but i took out the ICP and ran a jumper wire and got the GPR to click over...been messing with it all day
Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM

could it be the Watertemp sensor not readin or something i really want to fix this..the GP i put in were Autolite seen some crap talk bout them on another forum
Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 AM

sorry this is in sections lol i think of something that might help and stuff i read just makes me mad cause the motor is brand new im just at a lost right now....i ran out of things to check or figure it might be endless its the PCM on the driver fender...doesnt seem to be the problem cause if i plug the truck up it will start after 15 mins with no problems and run great the rest of the day long as i dont park to long and it cools down...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM

i found this and been thinking of doin it
Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM

BUMP...had someone that was asking in another section
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Hey Mj ....can't you just check your GPR with a voltmeter to make sure it's closing ? even tho it's new, it may be faulty..... ??
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM

Sounds like when you jumper from your ICP to the relay coil it is closing and then starting, correct? If that's the case, I would say the relay is good and your problems lies on the control end of the relay. I have no idea how the PCM controls that. I seem to recall something about an engine oil temperature sensor. I'm not sure what other sensors there are that dictate GP operation, but I think that is where I would focus my attention. I hope this is at least a little helpful. I'm an electrician, so I know wires, relays, etc. pretty well. Computers, not so much.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:36 AM

I have checked it all what i meant on the ICP was i unplugged it and ran a jumper from one side to the other side on itself and then turn the key on and the GPR clicked over...made no sense...i figured it to be a Water Temp Sensor till i looked it up...My dad says it must be a sensor cause that is what one of the wires reads from to tell the GPR to convert power to the GP...so im not sure if what sensor that should be...and the diagram i put up on an earlier post shows one of the wires as a ground...well i have mine wired fine and the wire it shows as a ground i have no fire on...but i put a jumper from one post to the other (small posts) and got my relay to click over and the PCM clicked too...im lost
Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 AM

Thats why i was figuring on wiring up like the diagram and i can use my GP manually but i rather do it right inless i cant find the problem at all...i know its gotta be something simple cause i can plug the truck up and start up fine no problems and everything works except the GP...i cant leave my truck off long enough to cool way down or it wont start till i plug it up...and as a side note i do not use eather at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.