Really rough idle and even worse at Rpm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chris p
Really rough idle and even worse at Rpm

ok here is the situation in chronological order. sorry i know its alot of reading, but i really need help!!

2 or 3 weeks ago i got my vegi oil processor going. Had a half a tank of diesel in the truck so i filled the rest up with oil, truck ran great at this point. going down the road one morning after i had burned the front tank, i decide to switch to the rear( had 3/4 oil in it and i was going to fill the rest with diesel before i used it) but i decided to try and ruin the truck on 100% oil. Truck seemed to run ok like this, but then started to stumble on it self. pulled over cranked it and cranked it till it was running on just diesel again. then yesterday i had a 1/4 tank of diesel in the truck so i filled it to 1/2 tank with oil. Drove it about 2 miles and it died. ( it slowly looses rpm and runs really rough. ) couldnt get it started, so had it towed home. the lift pump had been weeping so i replaced it thinking that might be the problem. got the lift pump in, wouldnt start right away, but got it started and ran great! drove it about 1 mile and it died again. got it started again and drove it back home. then this morning i let it idle for an hour before trying to leave the house. got abotu 6 miles and it died again. had it towed to a friends shop and messed with it, discovered that the fpr spring was broke (at the end) i couldnt find a spring so i shimmed it with a bb for now. ran ok but died again on the way home, so i took out and cleaned the filter in the fpr on the way home. but now im stummped. any thoughts? oh and i forgot to mention i replaced the icp sensor and it ran better at first, but then continued to die after only a short drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris p
update, truck just needs a cummins...
but really pulled codes on the truck today
p0562 (low voltage)
p1280 (ICP ckt)
p1a1a
p0605 (pcm rom test error)
p0344 cps (replaced by ford today)
p0236
p0568
p0569 (showed up twice on same screen)
p0568
po476

do any of these stand out to anyone also i replaces the fuel bowl filter today, and now my idle pressure is up to 50psi on the side of the pressure regulator.
the truck runs ok (no much power) then all of a sudden it will start to spit and spudder. any ideas? and maybe if some one has experience with the specific codes being thrown.

Thanks,Chris
oh also what should the ebv psi be at idle?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM

I would say just try a new PCM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.