Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

7.3 humming noise and stalling

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Bullitt839 
#1 ·
Hi basically lemme get started by saying that i am new to this site as a member but not as a follower. Recently my 1997 f350 has been having some unique problems. It first started with it stalling out, I would be driving down the road and all of a sudden there would either be no power or the engine would cut out completely. If it didnt cut out it would start lopeing and then eventually even out and be back to normal. If it stalled completely out i could restart it and it would run fine. Just this evening i was driving home and it lost power and when it finally regained power it had a strange humming sound to it. The sound would go away when i was on the throttle but return during deceleration. It sounds like its coming from the intake but im not sure. Also, there is a high pitch whine that sounds like its coming from the belt. I replaced the belt and it went away for a couple days but has since returned. This noise occurs on acceleration and on downshifts. I really need to figure out this problem and get it fixed asap any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advanced:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.