Shop horror story Question and Engine Vibration advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Shop horror story Question and Engine Vibration advice

Ok so I have a 97 F250 that has just bought three months ago and since then I have had a slew of problems at only 160k It started off with a antifreeze leak that was a water pump going out then when it was out it exposed the timing cover had a hair line crack in it and was leaking as well now I have taken my truck to ATS DIESEL here in Colorado where its been sitting for almost a month and they have TOTALLY screwed up my truck it now has more problems then when it went in!!!

They pulled the motor to replace the timing cover during that process they found a fuel leak at the pump which was replaced they also noticed that there was a injector/glow plug pig tail that was melted idk which one I forgot to ask... and so they spliced the harness and replaced that as well and re sealed the motor and put it back in. In the process of doing that dented my oil pan, cut and spliced all of my coolant hoses instead of replacing them!, forgot to put the safety clips back on the oil cooler lines, broke various hose brackets all over the place, and put my hood and fenders back on crooked so none of the gaps line up now and the hood was so close to the windshield cowl that it chipped all the paint off the back of my hood and the front of the cowl on one side!!! Oh and the best part IT STILL LEAKS out of the bottom of the timing cover!!!! So any Ideas on what I should do about all that???

AND NOW!! I have this lovely high pitched squeal from my idler pulley, the engine vibrates at a idle and at about 2600 rpm and dies as soon as I let off the pedal but starts back up just fine??? So could you guys maybe help and tell me what is going on I'm not a diesel guy so that's why I took it to a Supposed "EXPERT SHOP" in the first place so any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Voodoodave; 01-21-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

that is why I gave up on mechanics I can do my own experiments
Like my dad told me years ago "a car is nothing but a bunch of nuts and bolts"
but these guys here are great and have a lot of info
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And now the next greatest thing this morning it is only 20 degrees and it refuses to start now I just cant seem to win!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Take it somewhere else, and have ATS pay to fix what they goofed up. sorry to hear that man
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
first off I would be calling them to see what they are going to do about the paint and damaged parts.....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman247365 View Post
first off I would be calling them to see what they are going to do about the paint and damaged parts.....
, I would threaten to lawyer up then see what they say.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont even trust dealers anymore, I dont even want to take my truck in to have recall work done since you dont know what else they will 'fix'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.