No Boost below 2200 , Blue-ish haze from exhaust in 1st or Neutral above 1800 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Boost below 2200 , Blue-ish haze from exhaust in 1st or Neutral above 1800

I am having a problem with my truck and it is driving me nuts

Here is the Info on the Truck
Year : 97
Model : F-350 Cab & Chassis 4x4
Engine : 7.3
Trans : Manual
Intake : Stock
Exhaust : Stock
Turbo : Stock
Injectors : Stock
Miles : 204,100
Chip : No

Ok here is the issue. When accelerating in 1st Gear (while towing) at any RPM above 1800 i get a Blue-ish light Haze from the Exhaust. It Occasionally does this in 2nd while not towing. When doing Normal Driving , i have no boost pressure until about 2200 RPM at which point it acts like you hit a Nitrous switch , instant power until the yellow line. I do have a Boost Gauge and my figures are as follows (all figures are readings at yellow line) , 1st gear - ~3psi , 2nd - ~4psi , 3rd - ~9 psi , 4th - ~13psi , 5th(pushing to the extreme limit) - ~15psi. As stated , it does not kick in till around 2200 RPM. So today i went out with my Mac Taskmaster and decided to run some Self-Tests.

1. Read Codes
- P0111-49 State Ready

2. Injector Buzz Test
-Pass , no issues

3. KEOR Self Test
- P0476-Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Performance

4. KEOR Cylinder Contribution Test
- P0196-Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit

All test were performed with Engine Coolant Temp Gauge right in the middle of the word Normal and with an Engine Oil Temp of ~155 Degrees Fahrenheit

and here is 2 videos we took , these were done in neutral , haze begins around 18-1900 RPM , loss of power from there till 2600 RPM , the Engine Revs freely from 2600-Yellow Line , Repeated this 3 times with same results

any help is greatly appreciated , thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this is the same thing min eis doin but i dont have the check engine light on all the time it just comes on randomly and the truck dies but turn key off and restart ad runs finee if anyone has any imput it would be graetly appriated i need to get it running right asap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.