Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 350 with 236,000 Being a pain in the...please help me out. Runs and dies.

894 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Conky 
#1 ·
First post for me. I hope someone may be able to help me from their own past experience. Over the last year or so the truck will be going down the road and jerk or die once or twice in a row and then fire back up without doing anything and keep on going down the road with no other symptom for a month or months. Recently it got to the point that it would die and not come back on. I would pull over, shut key off and then it would restart. Then this turned into it dying and not wanting to restart for 10-30 minutes. While its not wanting to start the "wait to start light" does not work. When the wait to start light comes on again it will fire everytime and drive like a dream for sometimes as little as 3 minutes and sometimes as long as it takes to get back home. A week ago I unhooked batts and put a new IDM relay in. It ran like a top for 200 miles but has sense started to do the same thing again. Seems like something electrical to me. IDM, PCM? Any suggestions. I just had ford put a new CPS in (died on my way home from dealer) and I am not blowing any fuses. Just changed oil and fuel filter. After 230,000 miles I am confused why she is being so stubborn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.