No Start Issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 07:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Start Issue

Well I got a major problem with my powerstroke. I put the new adrenaline in about 3 weeks ago and everything went good. Drove it for like a week and a half with no issues. I dont have any leaks from the pump install so that is good. Noticed an oil leak and found 2 leaks. My ICP was leaking and the O ring on my HPX line. I replace the ICP because it was leaking through the plug itself and a new oring and all was good. Went to start it up that night and got a check engine light. Drove it home and it drove just fine. NExt day went to start it up and and NOTHING...Wouldnt start. HMM, so i plug the scan tool in and it said pass, no codes found. Kinda wierd but still wouldnt start. Im getting a little bit of white smoke and its really close to starting but just wont kick over. I replaced the CPS, had a burnt out VC gasket and injector wire harness put it all back together...NO START STILL!!! AARGH!!! Still the same thing a little white smoke but doesnt kick over. Check fuel pressure and getting like 60 PSI at the schrader(spelling??) valve. Running out of ideas. Called a local shop and they can diagnose for $86.00 so I might do that but I am kinda a do it myself type but running out of ideas.

I also took the valve covers off and had my wife crank it over to see if i could see any oil spraying from around the injectors but I cant see any at all. Shouldnt i be able to see at least a little bit everytime the injectors fire?

Anyway kinda rambling on but trying to get the most information on here that I can.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

does your scan tool show data? Does it show cranking rpm how about icp pressure? Schrader is correct
Old 12-21-2010, 07:14 PM

Nathan-
Scan tool is very basic...like a code checker only. My cranking rpms are like 400 i think and i dont have a way to check icp values. I was thinking about buying a setup for 70 bucks that i could thread into the HPX line and it would tell me how much pressure i have but trying to figure out the best bang for my buck.

The other thing is when i took the HPX line off once it spewed oil out when i cracked it and cranked it over spit oil all over the turbo so im getting some pressure anyway just not sure how much.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If I remember correct it takes 900psi to start the truck. Then I think it tops out around 3500psi. So puking a stream of oil would be common. But you won't know how much psi it is. Can you buzz test the injectors? Scanner don't show any problems, Good fuel pressure. Next thing to check would be the HPOP pressure.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM

I dont think i can buzz test the injectors. Would i need a special plug in diagnostic tool for that? I have called around to the few guys i know around here and they dont have any of these tools for diesels.

I was thinking the same thing about HPOP pressure so if thats really where im at then i think i will bite the bullet and pay the shop 86 bucks and get it diagnosed and go from there i guess. The only problem is for me is down time for my truck cuz they dont think they can get to it until after christmas so if there is other things you think i can try from home i am more than willing to try it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Do you still have the old icp? Sounds like all the problems started when you changed it. If it's only problem was leaking some oil but still worked I would put it back in and see. Otherwise you are going to need some tools to check oil pressure. Could put ohm meter on the coil pack to make sure it's OK. But just from everything you have stated it sounds like it's not sending oil to the injectors.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Nathan-
You nailed it. Bad ICP. put the old one in and PRESTO, fired up!!! THANK YOU!!!

Its kinda weird that i bought a brand new ICP and it doesnt work. I just about tore the whole truck own trying to problem solve and you nailed it. Thanks again!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad to see you got it. Now just go out and enjoy it.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I thought once you got an adrenilne pump you no longer needed a cross over line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.