CEL is on but cant track down problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CEL is on but cant track down problem

The other day my CEL came on while driving and made my truck sputter. @seconds it cleared and i continued driving. This morning i started it up warmed up good then the CEL kicked back on and now it is running really bad to the point it cant move. I think that my cps may be going out cause will it is the orginal. any thoughts on this. Oh i forgot it is a 97 f350 1ton. Mostly stock have a 50hp chip intake and just put in a exhaust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i forgot to mention that it has had a fuel leak and a few months back i replaced all the lines from the pump to bowl also rebuilt the entire fuel bowl.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok quick update. I went out started it and messed with it . I first discon the uvch on pass. side no change started to disconnect the driver side and died instantly. so would that mean there is a good chance it is the uvch.
ok got the uvch out and sure enough the moment i took the cover off you could smell something burnt. when i got to look at it one side was tosted bad so am sure that was the issue or atleast thats what i hope will find out if so in an hour when i get it all back together

Last edited by 73rvhauler; 11-23-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.