turbo rebuild need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo rebuild need help

ok fellas here's my situation. i started my turbo rebuild today and am having a mother f- n time with it finally got the turbo off the truck after like 4 hours of trying to get the bolt that holds pedestal down, its the one in back by the up pipes, so i gave up on that bolt and took out the 4 bolts that hold the turbo on and those were a pain in the azz to but after much dismay i got them out so i start taking my turbo apart and every thing is going good until i get to the center section of the turbo, which has the 4 bolts that are on the exterior side of the turbo i get out thee of the four bold when i go to get the last one out t just snaps off right at the exhaust housing so now I'm a in a bind and am wondering what am i going to do to get that bold out. also i i need help getting out the bolt on the pedestal. thank you for any help you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cheap way- drill a small hole in the bolt and pound in a torx bit socket then spin it out. another way is to get a reverse drill bit from any tool guy. The problem with rebuilding your own turbo is it needs to be balanced to insure good bearing and thrush washer wear. As for the pedestal bolt i always use 1/4" socket swivel and extension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.