No power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No power

I have noticed my truck using more fuel than normal lately now it's making very low boost and is very low on power. It runs fine and has no miss but will only make 6-8psi max, before I had 20-22psi max. While my truck is running the check engine light is on but when the scanner is hooked up and I turn the key on there are no codes stored. When I start the truck back up the cel comes back on but the scanner won't read with the truck running. I have changed the oil, changed the fuel filter, cleaned the fpr screen, cleaned and checked the intake boots, and unplugged the map sensor and there was no change. I know it isn't a problem with the ebpv because I removed it several years ago. My truck info and mods are in my signature. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 04:54 AM

This morning I checked for exhaust leaks around the turbo and downpipe and there is no soot anywhere on the piping. I also pulled the air intake off and the compressor wheel looks good and spins freely also there is very minimal end play on the shaft. The turbo was rebuilt a few years ago so I didnt really think it would be a problem but I had to check anyway. Is it possible my truck is running in limp mode? If so, how do I reset it? I have tried disconnecting the batteries and there is no change.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:55 AM

I checked the hpop and its full to the threads. I also unhooked the icp sensor and there was no change. Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You need to get a different scanner, sounds like the one you are using isn't capable of reading PSD trouble codes.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 AM

I had it checked at orileys. I figured their reader would be able to check the psd codes.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

nope, it wont read them. AZ cant read them either. Look at your IPR valve, see if its leaking....any fuel or oil in the valley?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCK View Post
nope, it wont read them. AZ cant read them either. Look at your IPR valve, see if its leaking....any fuel or oil in the valley?
Do you mean ICP?

Check the valve cover harness connections and make sure the tin nut didn't fall off the IPR.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 AM

All the connections are good at the valve covers, the harnesses were replaced a couple years ago. I looked at the ipr and the nut hasnt fallen off. There is no oil or fuel in the valley, its bone dry.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:16 AM

Any ideas? I've gotta use the truck tomorrow to tow my jeep to the off road park. I was hopeing to have it fixed for this trip. It still tows ok just not like it did before.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:40 AM

I towed with the truck this weekend and it did ok but doesn't pull like it should on hills. Yesterday while I was out driving it I stopped twice and when I started it back up to leave the check engine light was off but it idled terribly and would hardly run, then the cel went off and it ran ok again. Any ideas about this? It could be whats causing my problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.