Even Bank Not Firing!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Even Bank Not Firing!!!

Hey guys i have a 97 f-250 7.3 and the even bank is not firing-the whole driver side of the engine. i scanned it and it through some codes but no major ones. Any ideas? im sure its something electrical considering its the whole even bank. Id appreciate some advice. i can list the codes if you want me too. Thanks alot

Last edited by 7.3 Trever; 10-12-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
I assume you mean one side of the engine is not firing. There are plugs that plug into your valve cover gaskets that can go bad or even unplug.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

dereku

yeah i have the valve cover off and made sure everything was good and tight. i wouldnt think it is the gasket harness because all of them are not firing. are there any relays or fuses i can check?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM

I have the same problem, except my odd bank is not firing. It's intermittent. It can be running fine at idle and I can race it up, then when the rpm's fall it starts missing badly and the CEL comes on. I can disconnect both left side valve cover harnesses while it's missing and there is no change, so I'm assuming the whole left (odd) bank is dead. I pulled the valve cover and everything looks good and tight. If you find a solution please post it.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

If all the pigtails, valve cover gasket connector and Gp /Injector harness's are good....
IDM....................................B4 I'd replace it, I'd swap it out with a known good one from a friends truck, if possible.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. ALL I DID WAS CHANGE THE TENSION PULLY AND NEW BELT. WHEN I WENT TO START IT WAS MISSING BADLY AND THE CEL WAS ON. TRIED TO PULL CODE BUT CRAFTSMAN OB 2 DIDN'T WORK ON PSD. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Old 10-19-2010, 03:18 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

The valve cover harness' can get burnt or loose overtime. They do make little retainer clips to help keep them plugged in correctly. Check over basically everything chuck mentioned really well.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

had this happen to me. drivers side went dead, check engine light, no codes, would randomly pic the side back up. the tech that i took the truck to while i was in school changed the IDM, thought he fixed it but then i did it again. turns out there was a burnt wire inside the valve cover gasket that was not visible. fixed it and been good ever since. valve cover gaskets are a lot cheaper than the IDM and it sure sounds like my issue, so i would start with the gasket.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

TOOK VAVLE COVER OFF FOND BACK PLUG BURNT. ORDERED NEW GASKET 2 HARNESSESAND 4 GLOW PLUGS. THREE TESTED BAD. PARTS IN TOMORROW. HOPE THISWILL FIX THE PROBLEM. I WILL LET YOU KNOW. THANKS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.