cost to rebuild 95 powerstroke?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cost to rebuild 95 powerstroke??

I'm considering rebuilding the motor in my truck (325k) since the body and mechanicals are in great shape. I would be doing all the work except machine work. Has anyone done this and have a ballpark for how much it cost; pistons/rings/bearings...recondition heads, bore block etc..A complete no corners cut rebuild. thanks, Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Why would you want to rebuild it? its it tired?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:04 PM

It seems tired (325,000 miles)....I tow a trailer that's only 7,000 lbs (5 speed manual) and it struggles. I rebuilt the injectors and machined them into stage 1's, put a rosewood 6 position chip in, 4" exhaust from turbo to tail pipe, AFM intake, cleaned the IPR etc...everything is fuctioning. 375-400 psi compression cold. I would like to add a Banks intercooler assy...but if i'm into $5k including rebuild i may just buy the new 2011...but there is something about having a 1995 that looks like new and runs better. I ran it w/no trailer and basically empty up an 18% grade up to 2500 foot altitude, 2 mile long hill and had to keep it wound out (2700 rpm) in 4th gear @ 40-45 mph to get up the hill (3.55:1 gears)...and in my opinion a diesel w/mods like that should fly up that hill....If I had my trailer in tow I may not have made it up.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

check your fuel pressure and hpop. also put a quart of marvil mystery oil see if it frees up a little
Old 09-30-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic1582 View Post
It seems tired (325,000 miles)....I tow a trailer that's only 7,000 lbs (5 speed manual) and it struggles. I rebuilt the injectors and machined them into stage 1's, put a rosewood 6 position chip in, 4" exhaust from turbo to tail pipe, AFM intake, cleaned the IPR etc...everything is fuctioning. 375-400 psi compression cold. I would like to add a Banks intercooler assy...but if i'm into $5k including rebuild i may just buy the new 2011...but there is something about having a 1995 that looks like new and runs better. I ran it w/no trailer and basically empty up an 18% grade up to 2500 foot altitude, 2 mile long hill and had to keep it wound out (2700 rpm) in 4th gear @ 40-45 mph to get up the hill (3.55:1 gears)...and in my opinion a diesel w/mods like that should fly up that hill....If I had my trailer in tow I may not have made it up.
id u do deside to sale can i get a price on all your performance stuff
Old 10-02-2010, 02:05 PM

if your motor still has 375-400psi your fine. i have a 96 that is at 310psi still runs great after it warms up. but it is in the proccess of being pulled out now for a rebuild.
check out your turbo, with that compression and new injectors with a chip it should run great. the turbo could just be a little worn out. in that case id recommend the d66 from BDP

as for prices on a rebuild your looking at about
1150= rebuild kit
625= stock turbo... 1125= d66 turbo
mechine work=400-800(depending if it just needs a bore job or if the deck needs resurfaced)
500-800= for short block assembly(unless you can put the motor back together yourself)

then of course you got oil, antifreeze, new water and steering pump, if you choose to put new on,

im planning on spending about 4000 on my motor thats with the d66 turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.