1995 7.3L Powestroke Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 7.3L Powestroke Diesel

Can the heater in fuel bowl assembly prevent the truck from cranking up if broken? I was driving down road and truck just shuts down new IPC sensor and camshaft sensor plenty fluids new glow plug and starter solenoids got fuel in fuel bowl drained it filled it up with fresh diesel to make sure no water in fuel.Upon that noticed the three connectors loose but no fuses blown anywhere. Any ideas to this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Premium Member

Bump 1995 Powerstroke

Did fuel pressure check running 40 psi on crank up all fuses checked out good unplugged the fuel warmer just in case replaced IPC sensor and Cam Sensor good battery voltage plenty of oil plenty coolant any ideas? Also I have Evolution reader and well its not reading it its 1995 Powerstroke 7.3 Was going about 40 mph down road and died as if someone turned the key off
Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

When the fuel warmer goes out, it will blow one of the big fuses under the hood, I think its number 22 or U. It will still turn over, but you won't see any smoke
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1995 View Post
When the fuel warmer goes out, it will blow one of the big fuses under the hood, I think its number 22 or U. It will still turn over, but you won't see any smoke
No fuses are blown under there.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well if you changed all of that and still nothing,id be lookin for a pcm or idm. are you getting a wait to start light?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97powerstroker View Post
well if you changed all of that and still nothing,id be lookin for a pcm or idm. are you getting a wait to start light?
Yea I wait for start light at any temperature before starting the truck Im leaning towards IDM too or IPR.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM

My 95 7.3 has the same issue. I have replaced the hpop, ipr, icp, fuel pump, gpr, new batteries, cps, no fuses blown(all fuses look good), buzz test with actron scanner passed, and still no start and no smoke during cranking? Any ideas anyone? My issue happened gradually. Truck started to die on me down the road sometimes but it would start up and drive for a little longer with no problem. It got worse and worse. It got to the point where it wouldn't stay on fro even 2 or 3 minutes. Now it won't start at all even with all the parts I have replaced. Will a PCM go bad gradually? Any ideas anyone?
Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

Year later...

Truck still sitting in same spot as to when I first posted on here I figure change injectors out when I ever get the money and bolt the turbo back up the previous owner didn't. Which requires pulling transmission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.