Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Filter Housing????????!!!!!!!!!!

966 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Adam-Arc 
#1 ·
Well I am in the process of replacing every o-ring in the 7.3. I was working on the the fuel filter housing, the heater element. I knocked it loose. If you look down inside with the filter out of it, there is that plastic shaft. Down there in the bottom I knocked the element itself loose. I think it must be soldered onto what ever it is down there. I know the "shelf" is made of aluminum, but the "wire" looks to have been soldered on three steel "pegs".
So my question... first is... anyone every removed the plastic "rod" in the middle of the housing? It has a nut at the base of it, but I would need a 7" deep socket... or any idea?
Also... in the bottom of the housing... there was all this greyish like crap... almost thought it was anti-seize.... any idea what this was? I figured it was better than seeing rust! But wonder what it was.

Thanx
I am really starting to like my diesel...working on it, that is. But I know I will like it better when it is all back together!:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.