Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No start after replacing UVCH pigtails and cover gaskets.

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  stealthrunner 
#1 ·
Well just got done replacing UVCH pigtails and valve cover gaskets..and now it won't start...key on and get wait to start light /engine light..changed CPS ..no change...getting 68PSI fuel pressure..I have E-fueled it. Hpop res. is full. Both fuel tanks are full...Unplugged the IPR ..no change...Any body know what your suppose to have voltage/ohm wise at the UVCH ends.. Injectors are fairly new..Tach moves when cranking Auto ingenuity shows about 160 rpm while cranking..HPOP jump up aprox.1500psi when cranking the engine...any ideas??Tryed swapping in my spare IDM..It has a swamps IDM in it..Want to check if i'm getting voltage/ The right ohms in the right wires on the UVCH pigtails in the morn...so any help is appreciated!!!:frown2::dunno:

#2 ·
Um, the engine won't run without the IPR, so reconnect it at least.

Injectors run at 100VDC, but it's pulsed, so you'll never get a reliable reading with a digital meter. First thing to do is continuity check the wires from the IDM connector to the UVCH connectors.

Did you happen to check IPR duty cycle on AE while cranking?

How strong are the batteries? 160 RPM while cranking is a bit on the low side.

Any smoke from the tailpipe while cranking?

#3 ·
ipr duty cyl. 35.00ish cranking rpm high of 160ish theser were both on ai....

#4 ·
no smoke at all out the exhaust not even the smell of unburned diesel...

#5 ·
un hooked the chip. fuel pressure 70 with pump running koeo test passes....buzz test says it passes but injectors don't buzz...

#6 ·
What was AI showing for ICP while cranking? Cheers!

#8 ·
icp cranking is 227.00ish

#9 ·
No buzz on any of the injectors...but buzz test say passed..:frown2:

#10 ·
Found a plug un plugged.....still no start ohm'ed out all the glow plugs and injectors all good ohm wise...Tomarrow un do all the wires I fixed and check them all again...:eek:(

#15 ·
Know anybody that has one that's good???:please:

Got two right now that don't work one swamps and one out of a 97 7.3...

#12 · (Edited)
Took the swamps one out and swapped in the spare... and nothing??? still have My ideas that its an Idm or a PCM... your thoughts...:smile2:
Maybe there is hope for the Lady running again....Hope so She is so comphy!!!

Kinda funny how this is going...Ran the spare while i was waiting for the Original IDM to the truck sent as a core to swamps...and after getting the swamps back It has been in the back seat since?

#14 ·
All wires check good no stray shorts...:please:

#16 ·
just put a reman. idm in and still no start!:frown2: But now when i hook up AI it will hook up with the computer but all the tests and sensors won't come up ???? If the computer lost KAM memory some how how would you go about getting it tested or reflashed????

#17 ·
just put in a new gear reduction starter !! Cranks fast at 200rpm ....but still no start no white smoke out the tail pipe???:frown2: been a month since it's run!!!:crying:

#18 ·
Finally its running...But

The truck is running ..but only running on the passenger side cylinders...What's the most likely thing that could be causing this???
:dunno:

#19 ·
The IDM will shut down an entire bank if there is a issue with one injector in that bank. Double check all the wiring and UVCH on that side. Ohm out the solenoids and look for shorts to ground etc...

#20 ·
:wink: Will do!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.