Stiff gas pedal 95 powerstroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stiff gas pedal 95 powerstroke

I recently bought a 1995 7.3 single cab long box with auto trans. My problem is the gas pedal is really stiff compared to my old 95 with a 5spd. If I try slowing accelerating from a stop weather I'm creeping through traffic or trying to be quiet the rpms just to around 1100 so I keep having to go on and off the throttle and look like an idiot. Is there any solution to this problem??
Mods are ts 6 pos chip with canned tunes, 3 inch down pipe straight piped to a 4 inch stach, napa 6637 air filter, and a billit torque convertor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is the peddal just stiff, too sensitive or not sensing the light input? The peddal is electric so if it's too stiff, remove the 4 bolts and 2 plugs and play with it on a bench so you can see what's binding. If it's just not sensing input correctly then replace the throttle position sensor mounted to the peddal.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If peddle is too stiff take it off (unplug both harnes plugs) undo 3 nuts holding to fire wall and remove. With vise grips unhook the spring (peddle return at the peddle fulcrum point) by lifting spring over tab. This effectively unhooks the return spring, give it a try, on my Red sig truck have ran thousands of kms unhooked. On white sig truck using a dremel with cutting disc I just cut off the whole spring at the coils (looks cleaner).

I drilled and tapped a #8-32 very small bolt and nut for a lock nut into the IVS tab. This is the tab that the Idle Validation Switch hits to activate/cancel signal to PCM to indicate peddle position if off idle. With the #8-32 installed you can fine adjust when to come off idle.... Makes for much smoother driving in parking lots....

While you have the peddle assembly off do this too.... Go to TheDieselStop.com forum and do a search called the power peddle mod.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

^^^^ Your old truck might have had that spring disconnected, and that's why the pedal feel was so different. There's separate a return spring on the lever that turns the position sensor, which has a lot lighter spring to it; a lot of fellas just rely on that spring.

Try searching thedieselstop on "power PEDAL mod" - searches work better when you search on the actual words...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.