Pulling Right - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pulling Right

I have a 97 F250 4x4. Alright, I have read post after post and I have done everything I can think of that would cause the truck to pull to either direction.

Truck originally started pulling right more under braking, bled the brakes and that did not solve the problem so the truck has brand new brakes all the way around (calipers, rotors and pads) and they have been bled multiple times. It was still pulling right while driving so I spent all of Saturday doing ball joints, bearings and races in the front end. Yesterday it had an alignment and if anything that made it worse. It also has brand new shocks on it as well and fairly new tires that have even wear.

I simply cannot figure out why it keeps pulling right. Help is greatly appreciated. I thought maybe I put the hub together wrong causing the right side to be engaging in 4x4 but that is not the case. The only other thing I can think of is tie rods but they don't appear worn and are greased regularly, but would that make it pull right pretty hard under normal driving? Yes, I know I need a dana 60 but funds prevent me from doing the swap for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 AM

No one has any suggestions? I checked the right caliper last night and it might be hanging up a hair so I am going to replace that again tonight to see if that solves the problem but I don't think it will.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:09 AM

go ahead and look at the caliper but look at ball joints, that's my suggestion
Old 09-11-2012, 09:18 AM

Look at them as in what, like make sure they are good? If so I just replaced all of them this past weekend.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pulling Right

Check the rubber brake line .
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 AM

Kam22 that is a good thought actually, thanks. I am wondering if after 15 years the lines are deteriorating from the inside possibly causing trash to get lodged in the caliper or something .
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokinNSmokin6.0 View Post
Kam22 that is a good thought actually, thanks. I am wondering if after 15 years the lines are deteriorating from the inside possibly causing trash to get lodged in the caliper or something .
Yeah its happened with a few of my sister's F-150s around the same year. Those rubber hoses can do it.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 AM

Thank you guys for all of the suggestions... Just an update on what the issue was, it was a combo of a defective brake caliper and the lazy employees that work at Tire Kingdom. The caliper was the main issue of pulling hard right under braking BUT the truck still pulled right on the highway pretty hard... After 3 alignment attempts at 2 different Tire Kingdom stores I was finally frustrated beyond belief. I called a third Tire Kingdom store and made an appointment, the alignment guy put my truck on the lift and said "when was the last time you had an alignment, this thing is way out of spec." My jaw about hit the floor, needless to say they could not believe that I took the truck in 3 other times within the last 2 weeks until they pulled my history in the computer... The other stores were cheating the alignment system and only adjusting the toe not giving the truck a FULL alignment, God forbid that might require more than 15 minutes worth of effort.

Anyway the third Tire Kingdom will have my business from now on and if you were wondering why I kept going back to Tire Kingdom its because they have a nice deal where you get a 5 year alignment program for like $170. You can bring it in as many times as you want to any store around the country and it is transferable if you ever decide to sell your rig. As in my case you get what you pay for but traveling all over the country its hard find a reputable place in unfamiliar territory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.