Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help removing steering gearbox

926 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  thundrT 
#1 ·
Hey all (first time poster). Got a '95 with 210k miles. I am looking to switch out my steering gearbox. I got as far as trying to disconnect the fluid lines from the old gearbox. I was able to get a wrench on one of the lines from above but its a pretty tight fit between the wheel well, exhaust header, and the power steering pump. Seems like the only thing to do is take off the power steering pump. Anybody got any tips? Thanks!

#2 ·
Hey I see no body had any advise..I have to do mine soon and was wondering if you had any tips on how to do it..I'm trying to figure out if it's worth bringing it in to have done

#3 ·
Haven't done anything yet, but I had a couple buddies look at it and they think you at least have to pull the power steering pump, so I am thinking of putting it off until the fall when I use it less.

Having said that, I ran across another truck the other day for sale, and it had the wheel well guard completely missing, and you could reach right in to the steering fluid lines, so I have been meaning to look to see what it takes to take out the wheel well guard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.