Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

more brake problems?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mystic1582 
#1 ·
I have a 95 f350 dually 2 wheel drive. I tow with it and while braking the trailer brakes power on and off. I put in a new controller, it has a power light on it and notice while i push the brake pedal down slowly the light flickers on and off unless I have my foot firmly on the brake, then it stays on. I also notice that while keeping my foot down hard the pedal slowly goes to the floor. I replaced the master cylinder this morning, bled the brakes, adjusted the rear brakes and the symptoms are nearly the same. pedal goes down slowly and while applying the brakes slowly the brake controller flickers on and off unless I'm braking hard. It seem like the rod into the booster does not have enough force to keep the switch on on the pedal. The truck stops nice, does not have a hard pedal so i assume the booster is ok. I checked the soft line to calipers and diff and none are swelling, cracked or mushy. Every car i have owned has a firm pedal that does not travel down after pushing...I have not owned a diesel like this so i do not know what I should expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.