Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Water Filling Heater Box Then Leaking onto Floor

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  00_6speed 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

My 2000 f250 7.3 has a problem i just discovered. It has been raining for a few days here HARD and when i went to drive my truck today i noticed the pass side carpet was wet by the door sill. I removed the carpet and they area under the door panels was filled with water. So i dried it all up so i could find where it was coming from. It turns out it is coming from the heater box under the dash. If i put the heater position to OFF and the door flap opens by the heater and then i go for a drive, water will splash out of the heater box. If i put the position onto floor or any other position it will close the heater box trap door and water will not splash out. Why is water getting into my heater box? And yes it is 100% rain water, NOT coolant. Also is there a drain that could be clogged? has anyone had this issue? Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm not sure why its getting in there but there is a drain and I bet it is clogged. I bet you also would have the same problem when you run the ac a long time because you ac works like a dehumidifier and the moisture from the air collects in you box and drains out. That's why you get water puddling up under your truck when the ac is running.

#4 ·
Bottom of heater box in the engine compartment. Screw driver? Wire? Shove it up the tube and try to break loose your clog. Also you can pull your fan out of the heater box(also in the engine compartment) and reach down inside and feel for trash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.