EGR delete/ Intake Manifold HELP!!!!!ASAP!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy EGR delete/ Intake Manifold HELP!!!!!ASAP!!!!

Hello
Jumping to the point quick.
2005 6.0 f250
Decided to try and save money and do EGR delete myself. Well took me a lot longer then I thought to get down to the EGR cooler. The help I need is Ive loosened all intake bolts and EGR bolts. EGR will move easily side to side but will not come out. So I tried to remove manifold. All bolts out it won't budge. Help me please. I took on more then I should here. Truck been sitting a week and asking for rides to work is getting old. Thank you for any advice you can offer. I broke the first lesson I was ever taught when it comes to fixing things. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
information regurgitator

The EGR cooler attaches to the intake manifold and the exhaust inlet pipe.
If you have it disconnected at the exhaust side, and have all the intake manifold bolts out, intake/egr cooler comes right off (as long as you have the coolant hose cut at the oil cooler cover).
Old 03-03-2014, 05:17 PM
information regurgitator

Take the intake manifold off, it will make this whole thing a heck of alot easier..
PAY ATTENTION to the spot where the intake meets the head and BE SURE it is clean BEFORE moving the intake manifold......
Old 03-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you. Yes I'm trying to remove the intake. You helped me before counting on you buddy. What am I missing. In going to start again on it at 6am. Every bolt I can see including ones attached to fan housing are out. Will not budge. Followed instructions on EGR cooler push down pull out. Nothing. Exhaust system is totally removed down pipe the the who thing. Replacing that as well. Sure you told me already. What the hell am I missing here.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:34 PM
information regurgitator

Did you read this and download the pdf files posted there? The PDF files will have your answer. Download the turbo and the intake files, and review in your mind what you have/have not done yet.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Only thing I did not fully complete is there one bolt on up pipe I could not get the other day. Once again in the am I will try it all again. Do you think that the up pipe is my problem. There is a inch gap from up pipe to EGR cooler. It should come out. It's only connected by the piece attached to front left corner of manifold but it wants to come out just won't. Pried on it. Hammered it nothing. I'm sure I'll end up retreating the pounding on it but just so lost here
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will do. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.