08 6.4 f450 running rough, cuts off in traffic - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 6.4 f450 running rough, cuts off in traffic

Hey guys, here is the deal. I don't have the time I wish I had to learn that much about my truck. I am somewhat of a do it myselfer but like I said , my time is limited. I did a Spartan dpf and cat delete about 2 years ago and haven't paid much attention to it other than switching tunes from time to time. For a month now my truck is acting crazy like idling itself up when sitting and sometimes cutting itself off. Then when going down the road I'll lose power and burp black smoke when it hits. That might last 10 seconds or 5 minutes then turn off sometimes when I slow down. It has turned off on me a few time when turning at an intersection then it wont start for a couple of tries then fires up.
The check engine light has come on a couple of times and shows the code p2289 injector control pressure to high but I can clear it with the dashdaq but then it will keep acting crazy and not throw the code again. I talked to Spartan and had one guy tell me it could be a wire grounding somewhere or my fuel pump going out. If its a pump, which one would it be? And how in the hell am I going to find a bare wire?
This is an 08 450 with 161k miles. I've changed filters and drained the water. Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've never had to touch a 6.4 thank god but if you could get a oil pressure reading or fuel pressure reading it would help in what direction to head in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.