rpm decreased drematicly the quickly shoots up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rpm decreased drematicly the quickly shoots up

94 f250 xl turbo

today i was driving an it dropped 500 rpms then quickly shot back up causing a bad jerk. loss power then regained its self then kept going.

need help manual tranny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 PM

The lack of replies in the 911 column amaze me sometimes. I wonder why I even ask for help here instead of just going straight to the 94-97 section.

Do you have any other symptoms you can give? What speed were you in, what gear, how much throttle? Do you have any gauges measuring oil pressure? fuel pressure? etc?

For now I'm gonna guess IPR (injection pressure regulator) but your description was kind of vague. It could me plenty other things. I had my IPR done last november. Sometimes my idle would jump up or down a bit. It gradually got worse, then when in gear and acclerating it felt like a loss of power for me and it was a lurch making me rock a bit in my seat.

Do you got a scanner by any chance that can monitor live data? I just picked up an Aeroforce Interceptor. Check it out!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Premium Member

By 94 are you a 94.5 with the Direct Injection 7.3 powerstroke, or an Early 94 with the IDI 7.3 turbo? big difference and we can't help without knowing, same displacement, completely different engines.

If it's a powerstroke, the throttle is electronic and there is a sensor on it called the Idle verification sensor, or something like that and it causes the truck to drop back to idle. Mine would do this from time to time until I replaced the whole pedal assembly. It was completely random, would happen once a week or 5 times a day. Usualy I would shift and then when I would get back on it, nothing happened. Let off and try again it and it would be normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.