2003 6.0 no crank,no reverse lights, stuck in 4 low - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 6.0 no crank,no reverse lights, stuck in 4 low

Have a 03 6.0 no crank, no reverse lights , no back up sensor stuck in 4 low electronic 4 wheel drive. Has new hpop, new ipr , new icp, pulled ficim and PCM and put them both in another 03 that one started and ran fine. Reinstalled in my truck and it fired right up and ran fine. Tightened every thing up took it around the block and it was stuck in 4 low and then kept stalling out and would move 100 feet and stall again nursed it back into my driveway and it stalled again this time no crank. And also both my SCT tuner and my scan gauge 2 power up when pluged into obd2 but say unable to connect. Checked all fuses with fluke all good checked pins on obd2 has power. PCM has power jumped the starter with wire on passenger side and it cranked but no start. Checked all chaff spots nothing totally lost at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks. Oh and ficim is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if it's stucl in 4 lo take the transfer motor off and manuely put it back in 2wd so that if you get the truck started you can drive it and see what it's doing.but that problem sounds like a gem module it is located in the middle of the dash.but you could also reset it to i've had them do that.

do you have scan tool and when cranking the truck what is your oil pressure let's start there.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

The only way it cranks is if I jumper it with the yellow and blue wire on passenger side. It will crank but won't start. Like i said when both PCM and ficim were put in another 03 6.0 the other truck ran fine. When I initially reconnected in my truck fired right up and ran great when I tightened everything down restarted it ran great as soon as I put it in drive stuff started happening
Old 06-03-2013, 06:14 PM

the 03's don't have a GEM they have a 4x4 module and the gauge cluster does most of whet a GEM used to and they can fail

IIRC

Last edited by ZMANN; 06-03-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM

sounds like you have shorted something may god be with you lol.ok lets start here
when you turn the ignition nothing happens correct.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
the 03's don't have a GEM they have a 4x4 module and the gauge cluster does most of whet a GEM used to

IIRC

the early 03's do i just replaced mine
Old 06-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

No crank noticed no reverse lights no reverse sensor also both my SCT tuner and my scan gauge 2 will power up when pluged in to obd2 but say unable to connect. Both the PCM and ficim ran fine when I put them in another 03 6.0 and when I hooked them back up in mine my truck fired right up and ran great turned it off tightened everything down fired right up again drove out of my drive way got about 10 feet then started stalling out and cutting out but would restart coasted back in drive way no crank again and there it still sits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ficim, icp, ipr, no reverse lights, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.