6.0 running on four cylinders - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 running on four cylinders

Hi guys. I have an 04 F350 with a 6.0. A couple days ago I welded freeze plugs in the ends of the EGR Cooler and changed the oil cooler. I put it all back together and it ran great. I did notice I was leaking some antifreeze though. I took it back apart to find that the o-ring where the EGR cooler goes into the intake got nicked. No big deal. I replaced it and put it back together. Now comes the problem. I can BARELY get it to start. Once it does start, it will stay running, but has no power. It looks like I am only running on 4 cylinders. I have lost cylinders 1,4,6,7. If I pull the connector off of the injector for each of those cylinders, there is no change in idle. Pull one from one of the working injectors and it nearly dies. I have pulled the harness off to inspect, but now I have found out(though someone else's post) that these four cylinders are all on the same plug at the FICM(plug #1 I believe). The plug WAS plugged into the FICM securely. Now I'm wondering if I should be more concerned with the FICM than the harness. I did have the FICM off a couple months ago, as I was only getting around 28volts. I re-soldered the key points, put it together, and it ran and started GREAT! What do you think? It's very strange that it ran so good one day with the exception of a minor leak, and today I'm only running on four. On the plus side, it doesn't leak anymore! This is my service truck for my well repair business, and I NEED to get it back on the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Double check your FICM plugs. Unplug them and reconnect them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I found it, it was the plug at the FICM. It took a couple tries to finally notice it coming loose, but I got it to plugged in good and tight, and she fired right up!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good deal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.