Computer program help please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Computer program help please

I recently purchased a 03 F-250 Diesel with the 7.3L, short after hooking on to my rv and going though the mountains it got warm, it does have a flashpaq superchip 1805 programmer in it, it is on the extreme performance setting. at least thats what the previous owner says, i tool the truck to ford and had them reflash with all the original codes, yet i get the error message E-43 vehicle program not stock!!! I do not have the original tuner used to program this truck, nor does the original owner he tells me i got thrown away before he traded in the truck, Is there anyway at all i can wipe out the programmer that is installed in the truck? So i can install mine and be able to change the settings as i need? the original programmer used is the same 1805 model by superchips, but not the exact same progammer used to save the stock file! Basically i cant put the stock file back in my truck cause i dont have the original progammer! I cant install the new one because when i hook it up it tells me that there is already a programmer installed. (Error E-43) called superchips and they said have the truck reflashed! so i did and still the same problem, its like i cant get rid of the progammer from the first owner? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank Bryan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
allergic to hot weather

Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
bump cuz i got a friend with the same prob
Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Cynic

Time to buy a new pcm.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

will my programmer install if i buy a new pcm? and will the new pcm wipe out the programmer thats in there now? I just cant risk overheating this truck, The engines are way to expensive for me to burn one up!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Cynic

If your new programmer has not been installed, and you replace the pcm with the same series.. it should work. What is getting hot? Engine temp? EGT's?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

computer programer problem

the engine temp, only when i tow my rv on a steep grade or through the mountains, And the programmer says this programer has not been used, is there anyway the trucks memory can be wippeed clean to remove the programmer thats in it now, with having to replace the ecm or pcm? cause what they are telling me is that they have reflashed the computer back to stock at the dealer, yet i hook up the programmer and it still tells me that the file is not stock! therefore i cant install it. I figured the dealer should have another way to wipe it out? is the reflash ford does not a complete wipe out?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Cynic

maybe a tech can jump in. I'm under the impression that your scanner is looking for a specific program for that year. The flash the dealer put in may be updated or different in some way. As far as the over heating, that is something completely different. Maybe someone will also jump in that runs a superchip programmer.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well much thanks to all. I sat at the dealer tonight where he told me theres nothing he can do to erase the programmer, so i left there and went 5 miles up the road to another ford dealer told him all of this, and he said well did you watch them do it? i told him yes he said well i'll tell you what man we're about to close but pull her on around well check it out, so i did. he did the exact same thing, but he did it twice, the first time he said he was wipping out the ecm, the second time he said ok now the pcm! I was like hold up i thought once took care of both? he explained, NO you must specificly clear both then add the latest up dates! so after that i plugged in my new programmer it took so i set it back to extreme! Man i must have been wrong, I thought that my truck was on extreme before because thats what the previous owner had told me! I think he was wrong to! I punched it and it sat in place for about 4-5 seconds and didnt move an inch till i released the throttle, with both back wheel smoking. I'm blown away by the power!!! I got on I-10 at 75MPH I hit her again lookin in the rear view it was a black cloud like cummins puts out!!! and really has get up and go now its hard not to break-em lose! and now i can change my settings from stock, tow safe, tow performance, to extreme performance! Hope this will help anyone with the same problem! BE SURE TO TELL THEM ECM AND PCM MUST BE CLEARED INDIVIDUALY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.