Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

ABS light and brakes sound!!!

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  mackattack6.0 
#1 ·
I know this is very stupid but i did a power braking burnout/donuts on my gf cul de sac and my ABS light came on and then my brakes sound like grinding/banging/thumping when i use the brake pedal coming home. no squealing just like somethings dragging on the ground but only when i use the brake

#2 ·
someone told me it could be either wheel bearing or the brakes, but since i only hear it when i brake, does the mean its the brake?

#4 ·
dang, the one time i whip a donut i break something lolz, that was a very expensive burnout

#5 ·
so the problem was.. a bolt came loose from the back left caliper and that was what was causing the shaking apparently and the front brakes were pitted so got those replaced!

#6 ·
my obs did the exact same thing in the front and now I have to check it periodically because it still slowly (and I mean slowly, nothing to freak about) works its way loose. Make sure you keep an eye on it.

#8 ·
Ya, it would def work but it seems like im always tearing into the damn thing for something (wheel bearings specifically) so I didnt want to start making it a pain to get off.

#9 ·
my buddy who replaced it said he has a bunch of bolts laying around cause he has to replace them on his dually like every year

#11 ·
yea haha i hope i dont have that problem too much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.