02' F350 - NO START - - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02' F350 - NO START -

when you get into the truck and turn on the key, everything lights up, when the glow plug light goes out you continue to turn over the key and absolutely nothing, not a click, whine, pop... Complete silence.... NEED SOME HELP

Thinking its electrical related.. what would cause this to happen?? Fuse? Relay? lose wire? IDK PLEASE HELP!!

This is a 2002 F350 7.3L

I do not believe its starter related unless its the solenoid but theirs no extra external relay on the right fender???

Cell phone is 248-703-2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM

So i think its my starter that is bad, I watched a youtube video of a no start and how to test if my starting is good or bad... I tried to do a quick solenoid jump to start but it sounded weak and just spun and did not engage... any ideas how to quick start the truck?

just to let everyone know this is the video that i watched - thought i would share and pass it on

Last edited by mymileager; 08-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First, there's actually a fuse related to this (I think it's #113). Second the relay on the fenderwell has been replaced by a small one in the fusebox.

BUT, anytime you have symptoms like yours the First thing you do is to move the Shift Selector around (both sides of P, maybe into N, anywhere really) to account for an out-of-adjustment Neutral Safety Sw.

Then look at the fusebox. Do you hear a soft "click" when you spring the key to Start? (like that relay in the cab) If not, it's probably the NSSW.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Ok so i do get a soft clicking noise when i turn over the key, i had replaced the pcm and starter relay's just in case, I am going to go and try moving the shifter around now to be on the safe side, but when i did connect a power wire to the inline wire to the starter i got nothing in return... which is making me think its the starter, brb i am going to go play with the shifter
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 PM

Sometimes you can get a bad starter to work by Rapping it with a hammer a few times. This resets the contacts in the Bendix and can also make a stuck brush reseat onto the commutator.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 PM

neutral switch was in position and good.... Tomorrow I am going to removing the batteries and starter and replace all of them... hopefully this will solve the problem....

Ive tried hitting the starter, its work before for me on my old 97' but not this time... its just dead..
Old 08-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Sounds like a plan
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm having the same issue with my 2003 f350 6.0. I never had a problem starting it. Sat for 6 months try to start now and nothing. Put two new batteries in it, and everything sounds normal on startup but no crank no start. Checked all fuses and hit the starter while someone was trying to start it, tried jumping the starter manually and nothing. Tried moving shifter around, nothing. So guessing starter? And also something I noticed was when I did try to crank it over the digital kms will disappear, dont know if that normal. LIghts dont dim or anything and radio stays strong, just lose digital kms. Thinking starter but dont know.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM

I was busy at work today and havent had a chance to change out the starter yet, hopefully tomorrow so i can use my truck by the weekend... If you get yours changed out before I do please let me know if that solved the problem

Thanks Eric
Old 08-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Ok So I had a chance to get a new starter put in today, went to start it... and the batteries are dead or at least i think they are... I am now getting a clicking/ glow plug light going crazy dash cluster flashing... SO im thinking batteries

If i am charging my truck which battery do i want to charge drive side or passenger side?

I am currently charging the drivers side is that right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.