I drove my 2000 F350 SD dually home - shut it off - now it won't start.
(almost 300,000 mile)
6 speed standard trans.
NOT 6X6 - wish it was :>)
Won't even fire
- About 5,000 miles on new injectors and glow plugs
- 2,000 miles on fuel filter
- 3/4 tank of fuel
- I replaced the cam sensor - no effect
- I replaced the NEW cam sensor, thinking I might have gotten a bad one - still no start
- Replaced BOTH batteries with new.
- Replaced O-rings on filter bowl
- Can hear fuel pump cycle
- Removed fuel filter, turned ignition on and watched fuel bowl fill
( prob 3-5 seconds to fill)
I thought I might have an "oil pump issue" not allowing injectors to work.
To test this.... against my better judgement, I gave it a shot of starter fluid.
--> Truck fires right up, until starter fluid is burned.
It's my understanding it would NOT fire up on starter fluid, if oil pump was the problem..???
- My Tach doesn't "bounce" when cranking (not sure it is supposed to??)
- My oil pressure gauge doesn't move when cranking (not sure it is supposed to??)
I pastor a small church, and do asphalt work to supplement my income.
The scripture says if a man doesn't work - he doesn't eat ! :>)
I MUST work, and I can't work with-out my truck
Any ideas - what I might look for next. . . ???
Thanks in advance