Just walked home. 2005 F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just walked home. 2005 F250

Truck is a 2005 F250 CCSB 4x4. Stock except Magnaflow turbo back and an Edge Insight CS.
I bought a used SF3 tuner from a member on here. It had custom tunes in it from his truck. I also have tunes from Innovative saved to my computer. This morning I loaded (I believe I did it correctly) my Innovative tunes to the SF3.

I'm not sure if I loaded my tunes or just renamed his now...

Took it for a quick drive. Shifted rough & lots of black smoke. Cleaned up after the turbo lit off. Check engine light was on.
Drove less than a mile. Truck died won't start. Walked home.
Cranks good. Batteries are almost new and show 12.5v on the CS. FICM is 48.5v. Just changed the oil and added 2 bottles of RevX.
I returned to the stock program. Cranks, no fire.

Where should I begin ? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Grab codes with the cs or sct

also maybe try to reload the OEM tune to your SCT from your computer and then to your truck

Last edited by ZMANN; 06-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 AM

also those innovative tunes ? were they written for your sct serial # and vin# for the truck ?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 PM

OK. SCT shows no codes. CS shows P0677. I reloaded the stock tune. The tunes are from Innovative. But there is a possibility that I didn't actually get the tune in the SCT. If I didn't, I loaded a tune for a different truck in. A SLR tune from Matt. Either way it now has the factory tune. Could the wrong tune have messed something up?

The Innovative tunes where from my previous truck. I emailed Innovative and verified that they would work on my current truck.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by nthe10s; 06-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Also truck is home so I can look at things now. Towed home...
Old 06-09-2012, 12:12 PM

thats a glow plug circuit #7 code

I don't think it's related ?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Thats what I thought on the code. Shouldn't be an issue. Its 90 degrees outside anyway.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Unplugged ICP sensor... No change
Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Looking through the CS for what I can check. While cranking ICP voltage=0.3 ICP presure reads 7psi. Pretty sure I need more than 7psi. IPR possibly?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:20 PM

from M Chan 68

Quote:
FICM_L: should read 11.0 to 12.0 volts at key-on/engine-off and remain steady while you crank the engine.

FICM_M: should read 47.5 to 48.0 volts at key-on/engine-off and remain steady while you crank the engine.

FICM_V: should read 11.0 to 12.0 volts at key-on/engine-off and remain steady while you crank the engine.

ICP V: should read 0.25 volts at key-on/engine-off and climb to minimum 0.8 volts while you crank the engine.

ICP: should read 0 psi at key-on/engine-off and climb to minimum 500 psi while you crank the engine over.

IPR Duty Cycle: should read 14.84% at key-on/engine-off and climb to around 50% as you crank the engine over.

FICM_SYNC: should read "NO" at key-on/engine-off and change to "YES" when you crank the engine over.

SYNC: should read "NO" at key-on/engine-off and change to "YES" when you crank the engine over.

V_PWR: should indicate around 12 volts at key-on/engine-off and drop to no lower than 9.5 volts while cranking the engine over.

RPM: should indicate around 175 to 200 as you crank the engine over. Any slower, and it's not cranking fast enough.

The above data will diagnose whether or not your ICP sensor is biased or not. There are also three other data you can pull for me that will determine whether or not your turbo is functioning properly. Those three data would be EBP (Exhaust Back Pressure) in psi at key-on/engine-off, MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) in psi at key-on/engine-off and BARO (Barometric Pressure) in psi at key-on/engine-off. ALL THREE should read 14.5 or so psi at key-on/engine-off, and be no more than 0.5 psi apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.