03 no start update - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 no start update

I started another thread last week about a sudden no start issue with my pickup i could not find it using my phone so here is a recap..... After a 300 mile trip truck would not start two days after getting home ran great entire trip. No codes off my sct well just the usual 403 and 405 codes for my egr delete and one other one is p1000 but after researchit online found it is from programming my truck which i had jusy done seeing towed a truck back from our trip. I reprogrammed back to stock after no start condition started just to elimanate it. The only thing out of ordinary i have been noticing is that for the last couple weeks its been taking extra couple secs to start and running rough for first couple miles of driving but was clearing up and running great after that. Anyways on to the issue when i tried to start it it would turn over great fire and run for 1 to 2 seconds then die actually by the time i let off key it was dying check wires and various other stuff and ended up plugging in truck for appx 2 hrs went out turned key fired right up, idled great sounded like nothing was wrong but as soon as u push on gas pedal it would only rev to about 700 when i held pedal to floor it would just go between 1000 to 500 give or take couple hundred, almost like when u hold a gas engine to floor and it hits the fuel shutoff/governor. So i thought it was a glowplug module seeing it started after being plugged in and while i change that i pulled my turbo and change my icp seeing it had been leaking for appx a yr. After i got it all back together same issue as before it would try but not start so after research i found how to test my ficm via-- a write in the tech section thanks alot! Anyways result were koeo when key was first turned on it was only 25v till the abs motor did it cycle then it went right to 48.... while turning over it was bouncing between 15v and 48v i noticed when it did fire the volts were always around 48 but as soon as it started fire they would drop to below 20 then bounce around go back to 48 and start the process over again. So I am guessing that means it is probably bad seeing everything i have read says it shouldnt go below 45. Just hoping someone could maybe say thats wat they think to or could point me in another direction. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I dont want to buy a new one if this one isnt bad. I believe it prolly is if its goin down to 15v but i also have never tested one and dont know how they act when engine fires. Again thank you very much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a bad ficm, it should always show 45v+ koeo or keor.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:26 PM

Thanks alot so i have been looking at them and it seems like i should get a swamps or innovative but should i go 48 or 58? Any reviews? Wat about the tuned ones?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM

One more thing if u guys dont mind but from everything i have read an early build 03 should have the 7 lug ficm and mine is a early build 03 but it has the 4 lug one, i am assuming it was changed by previous my question is and i am sure its a stupid one seeing its been running fine the four yrs ive had it but is that ok or should i look for the 7 lug

Old 06-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Well just ordered the swamps 48v with atlas 80 hopefully it turns out good will let you guys know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.