03 6.0 Surging - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 Surging

Sorry if this is too long, but I have an 03 6.0 and lately its starting surging at red lights. It started a few weeks back so I stopped driving it and starting researching. I have an Insight so I checked ICP voltage and it was at .6 I never found a spec for this sensor, but I read they are common to fail and cause my problem. When I removed the harness, it had a small amount of oil on it, so I cleaned it off with contact cleaner and put dielectric grease on it and reassembled. I started the truck that night and let it idle, sounded great. ICP sensor read 1v on my insight and no codes. Today I took it for the official test drive and all was great, until it warmed up. Once it was warm the idle rpm started to raise and lower by about 50 rpms constantly. The ICP voltage was at .8 No vibration or surging while on the throttle, only at an idle and would occasionally buck by about 150 rpm, just like before. When it starts raising and lowering the idle, I get a cylinder 2 circuit code that i hadnt had before. I repeated it tonight and it was the same, idled perfect with no codes until it was warm, then I gave it some throttle and let off and it started all over again and repeated the code. I really hope I dont have another injector going. Sorry for the long post, Thank you for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Just a guess but it might be the EGR system causing it. Just disconnect the EGR valve and road test it. If it goes away you may need to remove and clean or just replace the valve.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

mine is doing the same thing except a lil while later it started blowing white smoke, i will see what it is im studding and deleting it right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

When you pulled the ICP harness, did you take it apart to check for shorts in the wiring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.