1995 FORD POWERSTROKE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 FORD POWERSTROKE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON..

I have a 1995 ford f 350 powerstroke thats been awesome up until now and i need some help figuring out what is wrong with it. The check engine light came on the other day which has never happened before i didn't think much of it at first but now the truck is stalling randomly it all ways starts back up but when it stalls if looses all power? plus the tranny slams into gears from first into second and into third. and slams whens it down shifts. The tranny was just rebulit 7 months ago so i have no idea on what it could be. And to make matters worse i cant get the codes pulled unless going to the dealer because no car parts store carries the obd 1 scanner is what im being told? any suggestions would be great. Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Random stalling is usually a sign of a failing CPS
Old 05-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Shade tree mechanic

And
Old 05-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you 95dieselsmoke. would that also explain the reason for the tranny slamming gears because it all happened at once so im thinking that if the cps went out could that have thrown off the tranny?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Shade tree mechanic

A bad CPS can cause multiple problems, but Ive never noticed anyone stating it caused the tranny to go whack but you never know. I would buy a new one and give it a shot, if anything you will then have a spare to throw in your glovebox for when it goes out again.

With that said, I am going to move your thread to a more appropriate section (911) to help get more responses...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guy i bringing the truck to a local shop to hopefully have the codes pulled and try and figure it out.. I hope that (911) will help out more. thanks for the help.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok so i just brought my truck to a local shop by my house the guy had a old scanner laying around that worked with my truck. I was told that my ICP SENSOR is bad and that is what is causing my truck to run like crap. I asked him if that would throw off my tranny and he said probaly? not sure what that means but i guess i should try and change the icp sensor and hope for the best. Any additional information to this subject would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.