NO ELECTRICAL POWER AT ALL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here ! Urgent Topics Only

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking NO ELECTRICAL POWER AT ALL

I sure hope you all can help me. I have an 02 7.3 F250 4X4. Been running great. Last winter I had electric start and worked great all winter long. The transmitter battery finally died so i had to replace the battery. The transimtter was completely dead so I dont know how the thing retained the programing. Anyway, I replace the battery and tried it. The truck started right up. I let it run for about 5 minutes then shut it off with the remote start. Everything good so far. When i got ready to leave the house, I attempted to start it again several times with remote start. It would not start would not even light up and the hand held remote would just sit there and vibrate. No biggie I thought I will just reprogram it. When I went out to the truck, I turned the key over.....Npo power no lights no nothing. And this burning smell is all under the hood. It is dark out so I could not work on it tonight. My questoion....what could this be? There is absolutely no power to the truck and a burning stench somewhere under hood or behind dash. I fear the worse at this point. PLEASE HELP OLE WISE ONES!!!!!! How do I begine to trouble shoot this? Has anyone ever heard of such a problem? How expensive would you guestimate will be taking it to shop.,..............Cause it is COLDER THAN A TITTY IN A BRASS BRA HERE IN NE!!!!

Last edited by jack2sam; 02-09-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: add to it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Start looking for melted wires. be sure to check over on the passenger side by the inner fender. Don't leave the batteries hooked up and leave it unattended if you think that you have melting wires.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no electrical power at all

Thank you for responding so quickly. It is too dark tonight I will have to check in the morning. Do you think the remote start had anything to do with this? or was it a fluke? I have used the remote startr for the past two years no problems. Again thanks again
Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke Techie

i'm not sure, but a burning smell and no power usually means melting wires.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unhappy electrical problem

i checked passenger side nothoing obvious. got up on truck in center and i think i smell a hint of burning but too cold here to zero in on source (smelling senses frozen) and cant see anything obvious.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
Start looking for melted wires. be sure to check over on the passenger side by the inner fender. Don't leave the batteries hooked up and leave it unattended if you think that you have melting wires.
Where are the fusible links that would cease all power from the battery. I know there are a number of links but where would the one be that would cause loss of complete power? Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

New update....althought the truck as stated above started right up last night it will not start today.....Checked battery with test light.......the tester did not light up. Checked with good battery in good vehicle....tester works.....so bot batteries are totally dead. Do not want to use another vehicle to jump off due to burning smell on truck....i could have two vehicles down. I guess i will continue looking for burned wires an if i dont find any.....I will go to Sears and buy a "fussible link" battery charger/jumper and sacrifice it......and whole truck probably......any suggetions aty this point would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack2sam View Post
Where are the fusible links that would cease all power from the battery. I know there are a number of links but where would the one be that would cause loss of complete power? Thanks
There are fusible links that feed the fuse panel on top of the drivers fenderwell just behind the airbox. It's a small black box (1"X1") labeled something like "DANGER HIGH CURRENT"

There are no fusibles that the entire battery supply goes through so, be careful reconnecting the batteries once recharged.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

could possibly be your starter jammed up,would kill batteries and cause wires to melt if stuck and trying to turn,try to unbolt the starter and see if you hear a click when the drive releases,undo the battery first thou.worth a shot anyway
Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

please help i dont know what is wrong

i have a 1995 f-250 xlt i have an electrical issue when i turn on my wipers they get stuck and my tach goes to zero if i help them back down my tach comes back on if i turn on my headlights i loose my tack and my wipers go half way up the window to get them back down i have to turn my wiper switch back on and pul them all the way upthen push them back down if i turn on my heater same thing are all these things connected to one thing please help me if i plug my supertuner into the diagnostic port everything works but the cable to my supertuner starts to get hot i need help with this please....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.