Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Brakes Locking Up!!!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  ARS1 
#1 ·
Truck was lifted 3 weeks ago specs in Sig. Everything has been fine but then yesterday I could feel a slight resistance when I let off the gas. Today I started feeling it again and by the time I got to the shop the pedal was all the way to the top and very hard. When I let off the brake the truck wouldn't move without gas and all 4 corners were smoking! Any idea of what could be wrong here?

#3 ·
It's a 2016 with 15k miles and it was all 4!

#5 ·
Yeah all 4 were smoking and the truck was pushing 20psi just to get it to 40mph! Luckily I didn't have to go far once it got to that point. Seemed to start after I hit a pretty good bump yesterday in a construction area. If they cool down it will drive normal again until they heat up again.

#7 ·
They bled the brakes really good and it still does it... Going to have the ABS controller re flashed and see what that says.

#8 ·
They think its the Master... He called the dealer and they said they should be able to warranty it but all 4 calipers are cooked as well.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.