Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DPF Backed Up

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  BigGreen06 
#1 ·
Driving home, msg popped up in cluster, 'Exhaust Filter at Capacity' Service Now.
My question is am I F**KED?
I just came from the dealer today, it's not fair. And on top of that I've got water in the fuel in my brand new Titan tank. WTF.

#4 ·
Oil change and adding a upgrade to the factory alarm.

How far can I drive the truck with the alert

#6 ·
I wouldn't drive it any farther than the nearest diesel shop or dealer...

Get them to force a regen with an ids and if that doesn't work replace or delete it...

You do not want to drive with a plugged up exhaust, its asking for some expensive cab off repairs.

Reactions: junior125
#7 ·
Last regen was this morning, I drove 20miles above 40, and shut it down

#8 ·
Update

So, I talked to the diesel tech at my dealer, he told me to return the truck to factory computer settings. I did and a new msg came up, 'Reduced Engine Power'. The tech said that was going to happen. He said it must be stg 1 cause I still had pretty decent power. However after driving it a while trying to get the truck to go into regen mode, the msg disappeared and the truck has been running fine. I'm still going to take it to a dealer and have them force a regen. And then get a delete pipe.

#9 ·
Have you tried to do a force a regen yourself? Pull into a parking lot away from everyone and put it in park, press
on the go paddle and get it up to 2500 to 2700 RPM and just hold it there. In about a min or a little more your read out
should go from full to 90% and then to 80% then on down to 50% in 4 or 5 min. I don't know what the dealer charges to
do that, but it should work. If that don't work then take it to a dealer.
Doug

#10 ·
I have a King Ranch, therefore, there is no read out for the DPF. Anyways I had a buddy do the force regen with his computer, he said it only read 30%, but he burned it down to 0%.

On another note, that Edge CTS programmer, does it just show you what the DPF is at, or can you actually force a regen.

#11 ·
Recurring Problem

Ok, now I'm convinced that I have gremlins in my truck, that or those Titan tanks are cursed.

Yesterday my truck gave me the water in fuel light again, and then today the exhaust over limit light came on, as well as the limited power.

Now I've been told that water in the fuel has no way of causing the filter to become backed up. And last week, when I had the original issue, the DPF was only 30% full, and I have no idea how it could be full again in less than a week, and maybe 200 miles. I just reinstalled my MM on Sunday, and had no problems.

I'm ordering exhaust and deletes tomorrow.

#12 ·
This time of year be real careful when your water in fuel light comes on. Drain the filter under the seat
to see if it has any water in it. I see where your in New York state, one of our trucks (Ram) 100 gal
tank in the back picked up about 30 gal of water on his last trip up that away.
Doug

#13 ·
Drained the filter twice in less than a week, and both times, little to no water came out. I've used the power service 911 stuff, and that worked the first time, but not this time. Thinking the fuel filter might need to be changed.

My filter, had my friend force a regen today, and it said 43%, but then went up to 50%, and then burned itself down to 0%. Both times, the filter was no where near full, so am I correct in assuming this is a bad sensor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.