94 idi performance stuff - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
7.3L IDI (Non-Powerstroke) Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94 idi performance stuff

ok guys im about to start working for a friend of mine making decent money and i have nothing to spend it on other than diesel and stuff for my truck and i will save some for when i go to school

but i need some ideas from yall about what to do to my truck in my sig

im pretty sure i need new/rebuilt injectors because it tends to throw some white smoke on start up some times

but other than injectors what do yall think i need to do? im working on getting a pyro and oil pressure guages right now from a friend of mine and then i will turn up the pump and adjust the timing

also when i get back in town tommorow im gonna pick up some money from somebody that owes me some and straight pipe it hopefully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 AM

I have one of these trucks and it is awesome!!!! I have over 300,000 miles and it will run right with my '08 6.4! First thing to do is get rid of that sorry smashed down-pipe, put a pyro on it, straight pipe it with the biggest pipe you can get, and turn up the pump! I also changed the air intake to the fire wall and put a K&N filter in it. My latest mod is a Hydrogen generator, I have lower EGT's, probably 50hp more, and I have gotten up to 22.3 mpg.. I pull everyday with this truck and I mean pull!!!! I have a 32' and 40' flatbeds and I load them up heavy and this truck pulls awesome!!!!! Look on my Garage for pictures of this truck pulling some big loads, and it is FAST too! Let me know if you need any help.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 AM

can i get a picture of your intake? i have been trying to figure out what to do with mine and not put the filter somewhere that it will get wet easily
Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 PM

I will try to get a pic. on here tomarrow, but I got it from Hypermax, and it works great!!!! Go to their web site and I think you can see a pic. of it. I have a K&N filter in it, it just sucks its air from the vents behind the hood. I got 21.4mpg today in city driving with lots and lots of stop lights with my new hydrogen generator. These are great motors, I love the low end power it puts out. I'll try to get you some pics, it might be easier if I e-mail them to you, let me know how you want it done.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:38 AM

hey powerstrokesonly what brand is the factory turbo on these trucks? mine has a wastegated garret on it i thought ats was factory? and everybody says they dont have wastegates on them
Old 08-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
garret is factory. ATS isnt factory on any brand
Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 AM

someone told me that they thought it was ats but is it factory wastegated? or is it an aftermarket turbo?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing View Post
someone told me that they thought it was ats but is it factory wastegated? or is it an aftermarket turbo?
ATS made an aftermarket turbo kit for the IDI's. I cant remember if the factory garrets on the IDI's were wastegated or not
Old 08-16-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddkarmaracing View Post
hey powerstrokesonly what brand is the factory turbo on these trucks? mine has a wastegated garret on it i thought ats was factory? and everybody says they dont have wastegates on them
It's a Garret turbo, which also made the ATS turbos, everything is identical to an ATS turbo kit. Go to ATS's website and look up the turbo kits for the 7.3's and it says right there that they designed it. Yes it is wastegated, the '94-'97 Powerstrokes were not. I had a buddy put ATS stuff straight on his, everything is exactly the same, air cleaner just says Ford instead of ATS. Sorry I have not gotten any pics for you, I have been super busy. I'll try harder. Have you been to Hypermax's web site yet?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:01 PM

i couldnt find anything on there website about the intake im not gonna buy one i will make it thats why i want pics so i know more or less what to do with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.